PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permission to stack off with top pair?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permission to stack off with top pair?

It is $3.30 KO MTT with around 450 runners. 10mins regular blind structure and 3000 starting stack. It also has $0.50 bounty on every player. Can I stack off here just with the top pair? Because I think check-shover has insane stats like maniac and he can have worst pairs and draws on this board only thing I need to worry about is 44 & 88. Full Tilt Poker Game #34803575389: $1,000 Guarantee (KO) (278111174), Table 5 - NL Hold'em - 15/30 - 21:46:33 IST - 2014/10/14 [12:16:33 ET - 2014/10/14] Seat 1: imaflush180 (3,160) Seat 2: Rivaldo69 (3,845) Seat 3: Schuler71 (3,000) Seat 4: neilpick67 (4,240) Seat 5: Antoshka960 (3,070) Seat 6: adikumar2010 (2,895) Seat 7: Tzz0 (2,925) Seat 8: jovachrist (2,950) Seat 9: redcar 55 (3,915) imaflush180 posts the small blind of 15 Rivaldo69 posts the big blind of 30 The button is in seat #9 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] Schuler71 folds neilpick67 calls 30 Antoshka960 folds adikumar2010 raises to 105 Tzz0 folds jovachrist calls 105 redcar 55 folds imaflush180 folds Rivaldo69 calls 75 neilpick67 calls 75 *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 435, 4 Players) Rivaldo69 checks neilpick67 checks adikumar2010 bets 282 jovachrist calls 282 Rivaldo69 raises to 3,740, and is all in neilpick67 folds adikumar2010 jovachrist Action Pending STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! The first thing that I notice is that you're interested in the bounty amounts. Bounties should not be playing a part of my thought process in these tournaments. The money in them is in getting ITM and the top 3 in the tournament.... 50 cents compared to this money is totally irrelevant. With AJ and a limper preflop, I'm going to make a standard raise to try and isolate the limper. Unfortunately, this does not happen and I see a 4-way flop. I flop TPTK and when it checks to me, I'm going to make a standard value bet (for me 3/4 pot). I then get flatted by a tight/passive and shoved on by a maniac. Since the tight/passive only called, instead of raised, I'm less concerned about this player, as they can have mid pocket pairs and lesser jacks in their range (also some broadway heart combos). The maniac can have just about anything (pair or better or also a number of flush draws). Against both of these ranges, my TPTK is ahead of their ranges, so PERMISSION GRANTED to shove! If the opps had just called and I saw the turn, I would not make a follow-up turn c-bet on any card that completed a draw, 8 or 4. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      Hi adikumar2010! The first thing that I notice is that you're interested in the bounty amounts. Bounties should not be playing a part of my thought process in these tournaments. Against both of these ranges, my TPTK is ahead of their ranges, so PERMISSION GRANTED to shove!
      I was not saying I will call coz of bounties I just wanted to tell you how much is the bounty per player, not that I am going after it. Thanks for the permission I called and he had , so I was flipping for 100BB
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.