PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I call KQ vs SB shove?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I call KQ vs SB shove?

It is $3.30 KO MTT with around 500 runners. 10mins regular blind structure and 3000 starting stack. It also has $0.50 bounty on every player.

Everyone folded to SB and he open shoved, should I call here or fold I have 21BB. Blinds are 40/80.

This is the first time we ever had blind on blind situation with this player, so I have no idea what he does normally like if he steals or raises SB everytime or limps from SB.

Bracelet Winner

Hi Adikumar2010!

With 21BB behind, in the BB, I get a shove from the SB with a larger stack.

The key here is the opp’s call stats vs raise stats.

While the opp is loose, they call much more often than they raise. Against a 13% range (their PFR), KQo is a 57-43 dog. If I call, I’m putting half the chips into the pot, so I have basically have a 50% pot equity. This means that not only am I an underdog in the hand, it’s a –EV play to call.

With this being the case, this is a very easy fold, as I will be able to find a better situation later in the tourney to get my chips into.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John(JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.