PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Min-raise on the river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Min-raise on the river

It is $5.50 Super Stack tournament on FTP with 12min slow blind level and 5000 starting stack. 1) What to take of this stupid river min-raise ad:. Was he slow playing a set or two pair all the way ? 2) Funny thing is the original flop donker folded on the turn . Guess he had AIR. 3) Should I have raised the flop donk-bet 4) Should I also check the turn for trapping? Full Tilt Poker Game #34744055664: Super Stack $1K Guarantee (276788441), Table 1 - NL Hold'em - 10/20 - 13:34:31 IST - 2014/09/29 [04:04:31 ET - 2014/09/29] Seat 1: Owl4Ever (4,990) Seat 2: Peter_Pech (5,000) Seat 3: HIGHLOLLER (5,000) Seat 4: 0thejackal (4,970) Seat 5: Dangerous761 (4,870) Seat 6: MrDenDen (4,830) Seat 7: Rabegu (4,730) Seat 8: Teroldego (4,910) Seat 9: adikumar2010 (5,700) MrDenDen posts the small blind of 10 Rabegu posts the big blind of 20 The button is in seat #5 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] Teroldego folds adikumar2010 raises to 60 Owl4Ever folds Peter_Pech calls 60 HIGHLOLLER folds 0thejackal folds Dangerous761 folds MrDenDen calls 50 Rabegu folds *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 200, 3 Players) MrDenDen bets 200 adikumar2010 calls 200 Peter_Pech calls 200 *** TURN *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 800, 3 Players) MrDenDen checks adikumar2010 has 15 seconds left to act adikumar2010 bets 490 Peter_Pech calls 490 MrDenDen folds *** RIVER *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 1,780, 2 Players) adikumar2010 bets 890 Peter_Pech raises to 1,780 adikumar2010 STATS :
    Last edited by adikumar2010; Tue Sep 30, 2014, 01:06 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With AKs, I'm definitely going to make a standard preflop raise. I flop TPTK in a 3-way pot and get pot-donked into. I see these bets sometimes and they're mostly someone overbetting to get value from a maniac or air. With no read on this opp, it could be either as they're totally polarized (monster or air). Due to no read, I'm going to call and re-evaluate on the turn. I don't want to raise, as I could be beat and basically drawing dead if they did have a monster and I also have another player behind me. The bet's also large enough to price everything out, so I don't need to worry about that. The turn is what should be a blank, but it does put a potential flush draw out there. The flop donk-bettor now checks, so I'm less worried about them. I'm going to make a standard value bet of 2/3 pot here (533 chips). I don't want to bet less or I am giving an opp with spades the correct odds to try to outdraw me. The only way I can check the turn here, is if there is not a single card in the deck that can beat me... that's definitely not the case, so checking is not an option that I would even want to consider. On the river, I have two options... With the opp being passive in the hand so far, I'd prefer to check and call a reasonable bet (1/2 pot or less). I do have showdown value, but only have one pair. If the opp bombs the river, I'm folding. The other option is that I can make a 1/2 pot value bet.. but if I do so, I need to fold to a raise. When this opp min raises, I expect to see them turn over T9, KT or QJ just about every time here and since I only have one pair, I'm folding. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.