PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AK with 26BB ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AK with 26BB ?

What's the best move preflop :

Shove, call or raise (if raise then how much)

PS: I don't like raising coz I will make it 1500 and he will call 100% then I will miss the flop 1/3 of the time just like any two cards. Plus in the process I will lose 12BB counting in the c-bet which means 45% stack is gone if he happens to not fold postflop to my c-bet.

I am 156/280. Only top 10 players get $215 WCOOP ticket. 10mins regular blind structure.

Bracelet Winner

Hi Adi,

I think you're only looking at one side of this.

You won't get called 100% of the time. You miss the flop 2/3 of the time but so does your opponent, any time they miss you are ahead with AK. You will win it with a CBet alot. Plus you make a better hand sometimes get called and double up.

26 BBs is too much to shove over a min raise, you'll only be called by stronger hands.

Calling could get you into a multiple way pot and you'll be facing a CBet yourself. You'll only feel comfy that 1/3 of the time you make a hand.

I think 3betting is your best option and 1500 is a decent enough size here on this stack size.

The only extra thing to think about is what is your plan if he 4bets. You'll be calling 6344 into a total pot of 16363. If he's 4betting QQ+,AKs,AKo then you are getting the exact odds to call, any wider and it's a profitable call. Being no where near the money in a satellite then it's fine taking a gamble like this.

Thanks
    Andrew

Quad Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.