PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

55 in CO w 12.5 BB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 in CO w 12.5 BB

It's the 2.20, not too far from the bubble, I'm short-stacked, on the CO with . Villain_6 is a 13 | 3 over 31 samples. Is the push correct? Would a min-raise steal work better if I can evaluate the flop? Stats: SB: 26 | 13 FtS: -- [18 samples] BB: 72 | 0 FtS: 33.33 [31 samples]
    Last edited by Nataraj1; Mon Sep 15, 2014, 08:20 PM. Reason: Added details for Villain 6, SB and BB

Hi Nataraj1! One key that is missing is a read on the blinds. When making a decision, we need to take in all available data on the opps left to act. Are either of the blinds loose? When it folds to me in the CO with 12.5BB, I should be open-shoving about 32% of hands: 22+ Ax+ K6s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T7s+ 97s+ 87s 76s 55 is well within and toward the higher end of this range, so I’m snap-shoving against tighter opps. The only way I’d pass here and fold is if all 2 or more of the opps are loose, as I don’t want to be in a multi-way pot facing 4 or 6 overs. What I would not do is to min-open. This bet almost pot-commits me, so I can’t afford to leak these chips off… I need to shove or fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi John,

Good point about the blind player stats - I've added them. The Big Blind seems loose but the SB is tighter, what to do here, avoid this spot? Samples sizes are very small though.

I also added the precision that the 13 | 3 stat is for the villain #6.

Comment

With 2 tight and one loose behind me... I'm going with it because most likely I'll be up against 1 opp and not multiple.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thansk for the precision, John.

Comment

nice too mets you

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.