PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poker SchoolSkill UG 2 playing tight I think I played this right from this spot.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poker SchoolSkill UG 2 playing tight I think I played this right from this spot.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Hi didanz! With QJs I get two limpers in front of me. Due to this being a league game, where an early exit is a severe penalty, I need to muck this preflop. If I had QQ or AQ with nobody aggressive behind me, I would make a standard raise to 50 but any other Q, including KQ is too weak and needs to be folded immediately. If I saw the flop, I have 4 outs to hit my gutterball, so my hand is worth 8% equity from the rule of 4 and 2. I have to call 120 into a pot that will be 410, which is 29.3%. This means that on average, I expect to LOSE 21.3% of my chips each and every time that I call this bet. If I’m on a draw, whenever the pot equity is higher than my hand equity, I expect to lose chips and need to fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks.Where can I post my stasts to get reviewed.

Comment

what stats are you looking at?

normally, I'd say tourney MTT section for tournaments or cash games for cash... but it would depend on what ones you're looking at.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sorry John I am thinking of the Poker School Skill League.

Comment

If from the league games only, then the best place is in the Skill League section.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.