PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need an advise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an advise

I recently started to study poker and could use an advise. Late in NLHM tournament on late position I had 10 10. Raised to 3 BB. I had 14BB. Player on the SB raised all in. He had 10 BB. I called his QQ and lost. Just wanted to know if my play was correct or I shouldn't be calling his all in..

Thanks..

What type of tournament and were we ITM yet?

I'm probably going to open-shove if it's a standard tournament.. but without the type of tourney and how the opps were playing, nobody will be able to tell.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Agree there's several different variables which are missing, but as for general advise if when dealing with 10bb stacks you're not making any big mistakes by shoving it all in to begin with.

Also before you make a raise try to decide what you will do if the players left to act re-raise you. It takes a bit of practice to consider the stack sizes and ranges of your opponents but the more you do it the faster and easier it will be.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.