PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big $8.80 Tournament, AK facing 4-bet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big $8.80 Tournament, AK facing 4-bet

It is Big $8.80 with 10min regular blind structure. How to play AK preflop? Should I 5-bet or call the 4-bet or fold? I made a mistake I wanted to 3x but by mistake I min raised. And after that someone 3-bet me and one more player 4-bet. STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Please put the hand in... it says No Data Found.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

It's working fine for me, i will post it again
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Works fine for me as well!

Comment

There's nothing like a hand like this to bring out my inner nit

This is a really unusual spot but I'd just fold to the 4Bet action. We min opened UTG and got 3Bet from UTG+1. Even though UTG+1 villain is probably a fish with his sizing, I'd still anticipate the 4Bet range to be very strong. I'm not too worried about the cold-caller on the button.

I don't really like calling here, because you'll likely be out of position 4-way and you don't close the action and you don't know what UTG+1 is capable of. Also I think we're even less likely to flop an A than usual because of card removal, it's pretty likely there are other Ax combos out there, if not AA. However the huge pot and being able to make the nut flush might be factors in favour of a call.

Raising is also an option, particularly if the 4Bettor is a reg who figures that UTG+1 might be weak and he can just take down a pot here and now. If you were to raise, it would have to be all-in, this seems like a very large risk to take.

So, I favour a fold. We've only invested 2BB and still have a large stack and I wouldn't bet on you facing too many spots like these in the future!

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.