PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$11 Super Stack tournament , Dealing with donk-bets !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $11 Super Stack tournament , Dealing with donk-bets !

It is $11 Super Stack tournament on FTP with 12min slow blind level and 5000 starting stack. What's the best play on this super wet board and what's the plan for later streets or incase he 3-bets me, etc? I have 2 options :
    1. I call him down 3 streets unless flush comes or there is 4 card straight on the board or /// doesnt come off
    2. Raise him on the flop
    • If he calls me, then keep firing on turn unless flush completes.
    • If he raises me on the flop, cry and think what to do now !
    PS: So if I just call him then there are K, A, Q, 7 and all flush cards that can kill my hand. This means 10 flush cards + 3 + 2 + 3 + 3 = 21 cards could be bad for me. Half the deck is against me if I don't raise here. Full Tilt Poker Game #34616575696: Super Stack $1.5K Guarantee (273934343), Table 9 - NL Hold'em - 15/30 - 15:54:12 IST - 2014/08/26 [06:24:12 ET - 2014/08/26] Seat 1: Kilgory (5,765) Seat 2: seahake (9,075) Seat 3: Crensaw (4,443) Seat 4: adikumar2010 (4,935) Seat 6: SeaWolfLarsen (5,015) Seat 7: Nanys (4,295) Seat 8: Tunaru88 (5,111) Seat 9: masi-dasi17 (4,205) masi-dasi17 posts the small blind of 15 Kilgory posts the big blind of 30 The button is in seat #8 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] seahake folds Crensaw folds adikumar2010 raises to 90 SeaWolfLarsen folds Nanys folds Tunaru88 folds masi-dasi17 calls 75 Kilgory calls 60 *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 270, 3 Players) masi-dasi17 bets 270 Kilgory has 15 seconds left to act Kilgory folds adikumar2010 STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi Adi

With only 6 hands on villain it's very difficult to range him accurately. It's always worrying when the small blind calls our raise and then shows interest in the hand because there range is generally very tight and consists mostly of small/mid pairs.

I would just call, I wouldn't be comfortable stacking off on this flop however I do believe that villain will have a Jx type hand here that he's trying to 'protect' a lot of the time but he could have sets too, and flush draws.

My plan of action would be to call flop and call turn 'if he bets' and if he checks I think it would be best to bet turn and river so long as the board doesn't run out badly for us.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.