PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Big $8.80 Tourmanent, Pot bet scares me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big $8.80 Tourmanent, Pot bet scares me

This is Big $8.80 10mins regular blind level game. It is the 2nd hand of the tournament so no reads, now I called preflop which is standard (Notice he make unsual 3.5x preflop) then got a dream flop so called his flop bet which he fired into 3 opponents, even after getting called on the flop he fires on turn full pot bet with no fear. I just want to know like obviously I can't just put him on over-pair and fold on the flop. So where should I fold this hand on the turn to his 2nd barrel OR on the river to his 3rd pot river barrel? Coz the way he was potting either he has over pair or a flush draw. But I don't think he will pot with flush draw into multiple opponents and if he has overpair then only overpair I beat is 99. Most recs will say I should keep calling 2 streets unless there is over-card to a ten on the board or a flush complete. And most fishes will say I should call all 3 streets if there is no overcard or flush. But what is the best thing to do? Only alternate line I can think of is raising him on the flop for information as if he has overpair then he will snap 3-bet me on a flush draw board. But I don't like the idea of spewing chips for information. Coz once I raise him on flop he will fold all his over cards basically hands that I beat anyways.
    Bracelet Winner

Early on in an MTT I don't mind nitting it up, so I think the way you played is fine. You can't win an MTT in the second hand but you can easily go busto! This is consistent with how someone might play AA on a pretty scary board, they just want to win the pot here and now.

Just keep an eye on him in future to see if he takes similar lines like this and then you might be able to build more of a read as to what type of player he is.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.