PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.40 180 man 1st level 10/20 AA 4 way flop - insta fold to postflop action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4.40 180 man 1st level 10/20 AA 4 way flop - insta fold to postflop action

** link removed as per TOS **

my thinking was i only invested 60 to my 2990 stack my opp donks a pot size bet and one opponent cold call which left me to act + another opponent waiting to act

i just dont want to play big pot with my Aces 4 way into the flop this early in the game

my friend is telling me that I should have reraised then maybe fold to 3bet which i dont like to do because it is way too early and I know I can get easy chips in a better spot

what do you think? too nitty? should I at least flat first?
    Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Tue Aug 19, 2014, 11:11 PM.

** moved to Advanced No-Limit Hold'em Tournament Reviews **
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsytan View Post
      ** link removed as per TOS ** my thinking was i only invested 60 to my 2990 stack my opp donks a pot size bet and one opponent cold call which left me to act + another opponent waiting to act i just dont want to play big pot with my Aces 4 way into the flop this early in the game my friend is telling me that I should have reraised then maybe fold to 3bet which i dont like to do because it is way too early and I know I can get easy chips in a better spot what do you think? too nitty? should I at least flat first?

Comment

Hi marv

I think your fold is too nitty. I'd have opted to call. Raising would be awful as it would give away the strength of our hand and it's just screaming to everyone at the table that you have an overpair. The donk bet is nothing to worry about, probably a a small overpair or air, not too worried about the the big blinds call either, he can have any pair/random overs. I'd call and then fold once kuki raises and everyone goes nuts.

I think by folding we're missing out on a great opportunity to chip up. Kuki will often fold and the turn will be a brick, lets say Jx, both players will check to us and now we can get two streets worth of value.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

yes make sense Coach Chris should have at least called one bet then take it from there

thank you appreciated the analysis

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.