PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$0.10 360 Man Turbo Donk fest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0.10 360 Man Turbo Donk fest

I am playing $0.10 360 Players Turbo Game. With 1500 starting stack and 3mins blind level. I think it's not turbo it's in between turbo and hyper-turbo.

Should I call here?

The 3-better is loose players. I don't care what he has, I don't even know if at these stakes people pay attention but if they do then the BB can 4-bet shove super wide range.

Another thing I was thinking it's faster then turbo so I need to take risks like flips early on in the game.

Bracelet Winner

I think you should raise smaller preflop to like 3x the big blind.

Probably best to fold tho but I know these 10c games people flip over the craziest stuff
    2 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Pokerstar - I think the blinds are 20/40, so Adi did raise to 3x the BB.

In my limited experience in these games, people are really willing to put all the money in with weak hands and just play bingo.

I'm not thrilled with life but like you say, accumulating chips in the early stages in these things is necessary to make a deep run and I think the pot odds we're getting can justify a call, even though we'll likely lose more than half the time.

Comment

I did call and was against AK & AQ
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Not that I would ever be result orientated...

But against AK and AQ, you are 44% favourite to win the hand, so easily getting a better price than the pot odds are laying you.

It's when you're up against four overcards (pretty unlikely) or an overpair that you're more in trouble. Of course the times when you're up against one or two underpairs (and sometimes even just vs undercards) balance this out somewhat.

Comment

I know can't be result oriented but overall as you said I think it's 5% +EV call in long term. Keeping in mind the type of players in these games.

I have given them hands as per "Fish Range"

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Comment

Adi,

Where did those ranges come from? They're nowhere near what a fish would be.... they're way, way tighter.

Here are the defaults that I use:

Tight player 10%: 88+,A9s+,KTs+,QTs+,AJo+,KQo
                Unknown 15%: 77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo
                Looser opp 20%: 66+,A4s+,K8s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo
                fish/maniac 30%: 55+,A2s+,K5s+,Q7s+,J8s+,T8s+,98s,A7o+,A5o,K9o+,Q9o +,J9o+,T9o

The range you put in there is closer to a nit than a fish.

John (JWK24)
                Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

hyper game let's gamble with TTumbup: but i admire you adi because you do a lot of studying in 10c game other people dont even care you will go a long way keep it up adi

Comment

Working...
                  X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.