PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AQ o U1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AQ o U1

raise U1.Villain paying a bit loose.goes all in and I have his stack covered. Is the fold the right play.
    Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

what type of tourney is this from? Please always include this, as different tourneys have different strategies.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

you said it he's loose then this should be a Call

gonna gamble to win it vs loose player your defo ahead of his range or at least flipping

we got to flip to win it and you can afford to gamble

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        what type of tourney is this from? Please always include this, as different tourneys have different strategies.

John (JWK24)
        Open skill leauge I think.

Comment

Hi didanz! That's the reason why I asked.... as this hand needs to be played differently if it's a league game. In a league game, with AQ, I'm going to make a standard raise, but since I do not have a made hand, I need to fold to the shove. I need to save every chip that I can in order to last longer and accumulate more league points. If this was a cash tourney, then the key is a read on the opp. If the opp is tight, then I need to fold (their range should be AQ+, maybe AJs+ and pairs and my AQ doesn't play well against this range). If the opp is loose, then I'm calling. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
          Last edited by JWK24; Mon Aug 18, 2014, 10:58 PM.
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
            Hi didanz! That's the reason why I asked.... as this hand needs to be played differently if it's a league game. In a league game, with AQ, I'm going to make a standard raise, but since I do not have a made hand, I need to fold to the shove. I need to save every chip that I can in order to last longer and accumulate more league points. If this was a cash tourney, then the key is a read on the opp. If the opp is tight, then I need to fold (their range should be AQ+, maybe AJs+ and pairs and my AQ doesn't play well against this range). If the opp is loose, then I'm calling. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
            Thanks for that.John.

Comment

Working...
            X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.