PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this right play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this right play?

This is India Merchandise Mania Freeroll $500 prizepool around 90 player. Is my shove correct there? What can I shove in these situations in general like AQ+ and 77+ ? I am only 50mins in the game. It has 10mins regular structure. STATS:
    Bracelet Winner

Hey Adikumar,

First off I think a shove over a min raise and a call at 20bb is a bit out of order.
    AQs is a dangerous hand (suited or not) that only makes for a strong drawing hand. (AA/KK/QQ/AK are hands that dominates you)
    I would 3bet / and consider a fold to a 4 bet shove here (opp has 100% f3b but the sample is small) or even call my btn depending if the blinds are weak passive, and evaluate flop but proceeding with care.

Regards

Comment

Hi adikumar2010! With this being a freeroll and there already being 27.6% of my stack in the pot, I think this is a great situation to squeeze and since a standard raise pot-commits me... I'm shoving. If the 2nd player would have 3-bet (they don't normally raise, so would indicate a monster hand), then I'd feel differently, but against both of their full ranges, AQs has more than enough equity to shove. I'd shove a bit wider here actually, any broadway ace, KQs, pairs (but this is 100% player dependent. it will be different against other opps) Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
      Last edited by JWK24; Mon Aug 18, 2014, 10:58 PM.
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.