PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's should be a fold- Big $8.80 Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's should be a fold- Big $8.80 Tournament

It's Big $8.80 with 10mins blind level. I can't think of not c-betting flop but the question is should I check-fold turn but SPR was too low for me to fold on turn. But if I can check-fold I will save 15BB and not bust out. Turn should I check fold as one of them can have a 6 easily. Pot is 3000 on turn and I have only 1500 left. STATS :
    Last edited by adikumar2010; Fri Jul 25, 2014, 07:34 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With JJ, I'm going to make a standard preflop raise to 300 (3BB+1BB for each limper). I don't want to bet small here, as it will make my flop play much easier. If I raise to 300 and get two callers, the pot is 1140. This leaves one two plays on the flop... shove or fold, as any bet pot-commits me. With a low pair on the board with a flush draw, holding an overpair, I'm shoving! There is only one opp that even has a 6 in their range and if they have it, so be it, I'll load up another tourney. Even as played, a flop bet must be 2/3 pot and cannot be smaller or I give the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me.. meaning that I deserve to lose and will lose chips on average. However, this bet basically pot-commits me, so I still need to open-shove the flop. Betting smaller or even considering folding on the flop or after is a huge leak of chips that I absolutely need to avoid. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.