PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM-040 Sat: $1.90 NLHE [Hyper-Turbo, 2 Seats]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM-040 Sat: $1.90 NLHE [Hyper-Turbo, 2 Seats]

My question is about the big stack call. WHY?

It's 3 handed on the ticket bubble. Two $5.50 tickets and 16c for 3rd place.

Is there any reason for doing this and calling so wide?

Anyway I covered the short stack, whose hand sucked on me, when the villain's hand sucked out on both of us.

So it bizarrely helped me to another ticket.

Hi ForrestFive! My first instinct here is that the big stack should call with almost ATC to get the tournament over, but I'll go to ICMIZER to see what everyone's shove/call ranges should be. For the hero, the shove range is literally ATC (this surprised me, as I expected it to be wide, but not everything). For the SB, they should then shove a very wide range: 22+, Ax, Kx, Qx, J2s+, J3o+, T2s+, T6o+, 95s+, 97o+, 85s+, 87o, 76s The BB's range is actually tighter than I thought: 22+, Ax, Kx, Qx, J2s+, J5o+, T6s+, T8o+, 98s I would have thought that 1 gaps and even mid 2-gaps would be inside the call range, but 79o is just outside what the optimal call range should be... but it's close. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks John, Strange for Hero's shove to be everything. I was on my chart, 5bb with antes into 2 players: 22+ Kx+ Q2s+ Q6o+ J5s+ J8o+ T6s+ T8o+ 97s+ 86s+ 76s - maybe need to open up. Done the tweet maybe win a ticket. umbup:

Comment

Hi Forrest!

If you're going to be playing these (or any other type of sng), you might want to play around with some of your situations with an ICM calculator.. it'll be an eye opener.

ICMIZER is the one that I use the most.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.