PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 Suited - $11 Phased Tournament

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 89 Suited - $11 Phased Tournament

It is $11 Phase tournament it's new to pokerstars with 2 Day's (Phase 1 = Day 1 and Phase 2 = Day 2). I am playing Phase 1 where I need to survive 15 levels and it has 10mins blind level. I don't know if my preflop overlimp was pathetic or should I be raising with that kind of stack coz postflop my stack will be shallow to c-bet and face resistance. I have 33BB, if I make 6x raise preflop I will be left with 27BB then after c-betting 12BB on flop and getting called I will have 15BB on turn. That's the main reason I didn't raise preflop plus I had position. Other than that if I knew he had a a monster I would have chased my draw passively. Saying that CO call on the flop gave me one more reason to shove there. Maybe HU I can call and chase passively or will it be still a shove HU? STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With 89s on the button and 3 limps in front of me, I'm more than happy to limp behind and see if I can hit the flop. If anyone had raised, then I'd fold. I flop a flush draw with a gutterball and have a bet and call in front of me. The stats on villain 9 are not given, so to see where I'm at in pokerstove, I'll give them a 20% range as they limped preflop. With this being the case, I'm a 52% favorite in the hand. With this big of a draw, the number of chips already in the pot, plus a raise pot-committing me.. I'm shoving the flop! Yes, I'm going to lose 48% of the time, but this is a huge +EV play that I need to be making and is a good example of why bankroll management is so important... I need to be making this type of play to win longterm. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.