PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Progressive Super KO $2.20 - Pocket pair facing action

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progressive Super KO $2.20 - Pocket pair facing action

Everyone is being fairly aggressive as they usually are in these tournament. Blinds are 50/100 and I'm 87 deep. I pick up pocket pairs. MP1 is loose aggressive and his open is standard. The cut off is short and I think my 99 is ahead of their jamming range there. The twist in the tale though is that the CO has a large bounty having knocked out a string of people earlier, and at the table people tend to over shove to get the bounty, so I'm worried about the blinds shoving. While I have double their stack, I don't think 99 is likely to win a four way all in. Tough spot. What would you do?

Poker Stars, $2 Buy-in (50/100 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: 4,200 (42 bb)
    BB: 4,678 (46.8 bb)
    UTG+1: 5,960 (59.6 bb)
    UTG+2: 130 (1.3 bb)
    MP1: 7,350 (73.5 bb)
    MP2: 6,645 (66.5 bb)
    MP3: 8,756 (87.6 bb)
    CO: 1,109 (11.1 bb)
    Hero (BTN): 8,747 (87.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 9c 9h
    UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 100, MP1 raises to 300, 2 folds, CO raises to 1,099 and is all-in, Hero ???
    4 Time Bracelet Winner

With these Super KOs, unless you make a really deep run, acquiring bounties is going to be your main source of income, so if the CO has a large bounty that could give you a relative large amount of $, then I think it might be a wise play to 4bet/fold to try and isolate yourself vs the CO.

The 4Bet can be pretty small, say to 2000. This way, even if you have to fold to a 5Bet shove you've still got a strong stack and when your raise does get through (which will be pretty often if MP1 is opening wide), you're giving yourself a great chance of picking up a large bounty.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Last edited by spand42; Tue Jul 22, 2014, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the analysis, makes sense!
      4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.