PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loose Call Preflop? - MicroMillions 29 - $3.30 NL Hold'em Turbo Zoom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loose Call Preflop? - MicroMillions 29 - $3.30 NL Hold'em Turbo Zoom

It is MicroMillions-029: $3.30 NL Hold'em [Turbo, Zoom]. So no read on opponents. I think my mistake was loose preflop call. What else could I have done differently?, I donked set into multiple opponents as JWK told me. Also reason for donking is there are multiple draws on the board.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With a pocket pair and the stacks being deep enough to setmine, I'm absolutely calling the limp and the raise preflop and would do so with basically any pair. The first key with the hand is on the flop. When I flop a set on a wet board, I need to make a standard value bet. With 3 opps, on a dry board, a standard bet is 3/4 pot.. but with a wet board, I need to up this to a pot-sized bet. I cannot bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds, then I will lose chips on average, each and every time! The same thing on the turn. With two opps, a standard bet is 2/3 pot on a dry board and 3/4 pot on a wet one and since this bet will pot-commit me, I need to shove the turn. Once again, I cannot bet less or I risk giving the opps the correct odds. Yes, the opp had one of the 3 hands that could beat me (hand is a total cooler), but the bet sizes need to be corrected or hands like this will be lost at a much higher % than normal due to giving the opps the correct pot-odds. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

totally agree JWK24. if u have middle set and sum1 has top set. Just a case of moving on to the next tny

Comment

Congrats adikumar2010, You've won a seat to the August 'Big Bang $5,000 Gtd' as part of the #LearnPoker promotion. Good luck! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks for the free ticket, but I already won a satellite to big bang last night. So what can I do with the 2nd ticket now?
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adikumar2010 View Post
            Thanks for the free ticket, but I already won a satellite to big bang last night. So what can I do with the 2nd ticket now?
            Nothing unfortunately, you can only win one Big Bang seat each month. You can't carry seats forward or exchange them for other prizes Best of luck in the tournament, I wish you a deep run! Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by royalraise85 View Post
              Nothing unfortunately, you can only win one Big Bang seat each month. You can't carry seats forward or exchange them for other prizes Best of luck in the tournament, I wish you a deep run! Raiser umbup:
              Thanks for good luck, I will not get T$11 now? What if I win one more satellite using School pass will I get T$11?
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adikumar2010 View Post
                Thanks for good luck, I will not get T$11 now? What if I win one more satellite using School pass will I get T$11?
                If you win another satellite on PokerStars then yes, you will be credited T$11. But we cannot give T$ for prizes won via promotions here at the school for Big Bang. Please see here for more info: http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/articles/The-Big-Bang Please note that if you've already qualified for the next scheduled Big Bang via a 'School Pass' satellite or via Open League you will not receive a 2nd entry as only one seat is available per member each month. Raiser umbup:

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.