PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I do this or Should I do that?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I do this or Should I do that?

It's Big $5.50 with 10mins slow structure. Should I not c-bet? Should I fold to his check raise? Should I bluff on turn once I called his min check-raise me on flop? Should I call on river to bluff catch him? Should I kill myself for playing this hand badly? STATS : PS: Doesn't look like flop min check-raise call sucks big time ! I had 17% pot odds and 31% hand equity
    Last edited by adikumar2010; Mon Jul 14, 2014, 05:34 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With AK from UTG, I'm absolutely going to make a standard raise preflop. I flop two overs and a gutterball and the opp checks to me. The key for me here is how the opp is playing and that is loose/passive. They're playing 38% of hands and calling 83% of c-bets along with a WSD that is horrifically low, so they are going to showdown way too often (calling station). When playing a stationy player, my course of action is to value-bet them to death with my made hands and to never bluff (as they won't fold). Due to this, I'm checking the flop behind and hoping to hit one of my 10 outs. As played, the opp check/raises. When playing a stationy player, they don't bet without a made hand, normally the nuts. Any bet by a player of this type is going to be a red flag for me and a check/raise by them is going to sound off every alarm in the building! With possibly 10 outs (most likely 4 outs though against this type of player's check/raise), I'm absolutely folding to a check/raise by this particular type of opp. If I saw the turn, I'm absolutely NOT even going to consider trying to bluff them. The opp won't fold, so what is a bluff going to accomplish other than to give the opp more chips? I work hard to get the chips that I have and I'm definitely not going to just hand them away. On the river, should I bluff catch them???? WHY? This type of opp basically never bluffs. They're going to show up with a straight here basically every single time. Calling a river bet isn't a leak, it's a gusher! Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.