PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Storm, bad turn play...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Storm, bad turn play...

With these stack sizes... I wasn't sure what to do here! Torn between calling OTT and shoving... as you can see I shoved. Pretty sure I should have just called and X fold the river.

Hi dirt eh

Defending is fine given the position on villains rise your stack sizes. Villains healthy c-bet sizing ought to ring a few alarm bells but we definitely shouldn't fold yet as I'd expect us to have the best hand A lot of the time, so calling is fine.

SO villain barrels the turn on a card that is pretty good for your range so I wouldn't expect villain to be barrelling air here very often at all so because of this and because of villains bet sizing I would most of the time lay it down. His bet sizing looks like he's trying to protect his made hand from draws so although we picked up an up and down draw I think folding more often than not is best and with only 7 hands on this guy it's a tough spot so I'd like to fold.

There's an argument to be made about calling the turn but I wouldn't choose to do this. If we call and the river card is a blank (2h) are we really going to check fold the river? If we are then that would suck as I'd expect villain to go bet all in on the river most of the time whether or not he's bluffing or betting for value, especially as we would have less than a pot sized bet.

Check call flop, check fold turn. Occasionally check shove turn vs certain player types.

Cheers, Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.