PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Again close satty decision !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again close satty decision !

It's $3.30 APPT ACOP Mega Giveaway Satellite Stage 2. 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack.

Top 8 players get $22 Ticket to Stage 3 $22 Satellite, 9th place get $7 real money. I am 10/12. So if I don't win few chips I might bubble.

So either I can count on small stacks getting busted by big stack players and pray that they don't double up. Or I can accumulate few chips myself and be safe & not worry whether shorties will bust or not when they go all-in.

I will chip down fast as orbit is small now (6 handed). The other shorter stacks are not ultra short they have close to 4000.

Can I shove? What does his 4x raise from SB implies !

Last edited by adikumar2010; Sun Jul 13, 2014, 02:17 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! My first instinct is to snap fold here because in a satellite, I can't be light if I'm not the first one in, but I'll run it thru an ICM calculator to find out. After putting it into ICMIZER, the shove range for you is even tighter than I thought it would be.. AA and KK ONLY and KK is even only a marginal shove, as it's +.56%EV! Playing 44 here is a -2.72%EV play and when it comes down to a satellite bubble, I only want to play hands that are +EV. Honestly, the opp's 4x raise says to me they don't know how to play a satty bubble.. they should either shove or fold and not do something in between. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.