PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Borderline decision!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borderline decision!

It's $3.30 APPT ACOP Mega Giveaway Satellite Stage 2. 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack.

Top 8 players get $22 Ticket to Stage 3 $22 Satellite, 9th place get $7 real money. I am 13/16. So if I don't double up I am surely to bubble this tournament.

Can I shove? If not, then what do I need minimum in these kind of spots.

Mind you two big stacks have limped so I might not get a fold for sure from them.

Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! The big ? here that is left unanswered, is... how many chips am I from 8th and 9th stack? This will have a bearing on my range later in this. With it being the two big stacks that limped (would expect at least 1, if not both to call a shove), I'm not liking a shove here at all, as the hand is too weak. What I'm going to do is that since I have over 14BB and nearing 15BB, I'm going to call behind here and try to setmine a 6. With two passive opps behind me, the only one I'd be worrying about squeezing is the SB and my plan will be to fold if the SB does squeeze, as 66 is behind their range. To shove here, I'd want a much better hand than 66 as I can easily end up in a 3 or even 4 way pot and small pairs do not play well in this type of situation. If I could be isolated against a loose opp, then I'd go with 66, but not in a multiway pot. I'd be looking for a spot where I'm isolated against one opp or can be first into the pot. To get involved in a multiway pot here in a satellite, I'd want a very narrow range, say JJ+, AKo+. If I'm a large number of chips from 8th-9th, then I may also go with TT or AQ. The closer that I am to 8th, the tighter my range needs to be. Knowing how many chips the other stacks have is crucial information for setting a range of hands to be playing. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Ok thanks BTW the 9-12 have more chips then me like 8th & 9th had around 5k chips this time.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

When playing satellites, I want to be picking on the shorter stacks, not playing against someone that can take me out. If I'm up against a larger stack, then I need to have a hand that will be a prohibitive favorite at showdown... which 66 is not, especially against multiple opps.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.