PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shove or fold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shove or fold

It's Hot $0.55 Turbo MTT. I am close to bubble but I don't care even 1% about it.

I want to know if I can shove here or should fold?

I have 8BB and a big stack guy from HJ is raising.

Bracelet Winner

The problem with this hand is that I think your fold equity is very small and possibly even zero. In addition to this you still have three more players to act and if any of them were to cold-call, you might easily be dominated vs those guys.

So while you're getting pretty good pot odds and you've got a pretty strong hand with at least 40% equity vs most holdings, I'd wait for a spot where I can open-shove all in or re-steal in a spot where I will have the best hand more often, e.g. with a pocket pair or a decent Ax.

Then again if you're just concentrating on playing for the win, moving all in and taking marginal high-variance spot like this in order to try build a bigger stack might be the way to go.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.