PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TheBig$3.30 Bet sizing for optimal play?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheBig$3.30 Bet sizing for optimal play?

OK,when I look at this hand again,it seems like I played it OK,and I almost don't wanna post it(am I wasting your time?)But I remember at the time really struggling to pick the right line,especially post-flop and river.I was pretty sure I had the best hand on every street and just wanted to get max value. So,I think I played it OK, but was it optimal? Was the min bet on the flop OK in this spot? The turn bet? And the size of river bet I really didn't know what to do.I wanted calls but as soon as I made the bet I cringed and thought it looked far too much like I wanted calls.What line would you guys have taken? And more importantly why? Thanks again and please let me know if I'm posting too many hands or hands that aren't really suitable,Sulon.umbup:

Hi Sulon,

There's no reads given, but generically in a micro-stakes mtt I expect the players who hold a top pair of aces to not be able to fold it. So I favor larger sizings across the board than min/20% pot. If we go like 500 otf instead of 250, now we can bet maybe 1500 on the turn reasonably, and shove river, all being reasonable bet sizes relative to the pot. The biggest sizing mistake here is on the turn though imo, 500 into 2240 is way too small. You got called in 3 spots otf on A77r, granted it was a min-bet, but at least one of these guys rates to have an ace, and probably 2 of them. So bet more like 1200-1500 here imo.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.