PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPR is very low for me to fold !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPR is very low for me to fold !

It's ACOP Mega Giveaway: $3.30 Satellite to ACOP $22 Main Satellite. It has 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack. What should I do here on turn? Now that I don't have much left behind. PokerStars Hand #118039763088: Tournament #926349047, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level III (25/50) - 2014/06/27 18:52:14 IST [2014/06/27 9:22:14 ET] Table '926349047 2' 9-max Seat #9 is the button Seat 1: rjzhong (1685 in chips) Seat 2: T_slu4ay (1780 in chips) Seat 3: lorensq (2145 in chips) Seat 5: zhaoguanguan (1370 in chips) Seat 6: adikumar2010 (1430 in chips) Seat 8: _deuceluck_ (2660 in chips) Seat 9: kitty741120 (930 in chips) rjzhong: posts small blind 25 T_slu4ay: posts big blind 50 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [Jd Ah] lorensq: folds zhaoguanguan: folds adikumar2010: raises 75 to 125 _deuceluck_: folds kitty741120: folds rjzhong: calls 100 T_slu4ay: folds *** FLOP *** [3s Ac 9c] rjzhong: checks adikumar2010: bets 150 rjzhong: calls 150 *** TURN *** [3s Ac 9c] [2h] rjzhong: checks adikumar2010: bets 350 rjzhong: raises 650 to 1000 adikumar2010: STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adi,

As laggy as this guy is I think we just have to go with it. I don't really like your line in general, I'd consider checking back the flop here since there's not much worse he can call us with, and not much to protect against, and induce him to bluff turn/river. Like, he's just going to check/fold hands like JT or 57s, but seems like a candidate to try and bluff us with those same hopeless hands if we show weakness.

None the less, he laggy/aggro enough that he will show up with hands like A4, A5, AT, really any ace, even though check/raising turn with those makes no sense. And maybe some really bad stuff like 44/55. Not real happy with this spot, since our line has somewhat forced his range to be as strong as possible, but guys like this probably find a way to defy logic and still get enough garbage in there such that I'm less happy about folding now.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

One important point, the question of what to do now that we've been check/raised is a good question to ask, but the timing is not so good. Ask yourself this question before you actually bet on each street, especially when you're up against a laggy aggro guy. If you are comfortable with the answer (whether that's continue or fold), then make your bet. If you're not sure, then consider a different action (that may be bet bigger/go with it, bet smaller/fold, or don't bet).
      Head Live Trainer
      Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Anyways this happened. I could have got away from this hand if I had checked flop

Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.