PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 pairs on dry flop, on a 1.10 mtt ft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 pairs on dry flop, on a 1.10 mtt ft

Villian was very passive, a 34vpip/7pfr and 28lm , Im in doubt if i can do something diferent in this spots? what to do with 2 pairs in this spot? (should icm slow me down?) .

Hi scarface763! Since I'm the lowest stack left, ICM really won't play into my decision here, as I can't go any lower than I currently am and I'm definitely not shoving this hand preflop. With Q5, I'm more than happy to see a free flop when the opps limp. When I flop two pair, here is where I need to make my play (especially against a passive opponent). I need to make a standard lead value bet and with 3 opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot (78k)... BUT... if I can pick up the pot right here, I'm gaining over 32% to my current stack. With this being the case, I'm open-shoving the flop. I don't want to check and have a passive player check behind and get a free card that can beat me (what they'll do without a monster and even with some monsters). Unfortunately, the opp flops a set, but the best play that I can make is to put them in, immediately on the flop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

thnks john i agree with you, i only checked because i was thnikingon a check-raise or a check-shove, but youre right the optimal play here is the shove thnks umbup:

Comment

Checking or betting flop depends more on the button than it does on the loose passive.. It's a really dry flop so if I was button and it checked to me I'd definitely take a stab knowing there's a good chance I just take it down or turn a good card to barrel, so if button is the stabby type you should definitely check this so you get some value you otherwise wouldn't by someone betting with air

I think checking in general is the better play though, there's really not that much to protect against.

I prefer shoving or calling over making it 102k though, with your stack that raise just looks so much stronger than just shoving

Comment

I agree with coach John I will lead out the flop here

just a cooler unlucky

get them next time

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.