PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tough preflop decision !!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough preflop decision !!

It's Big $5.50, $20k Gtd. 10 mins blind level regular structure. I am what to do here, his 3-bet size is very small which I don't know what that means I don't care what the shove has, but I don't know what will he 3-bet so small with inking: PokerStars Hand #117393220761: Tournament #921326476, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XII (150/300) - 2014/06/11 20:42:34 IST [2014/06/11 11:12:34 ET] Table '921326476 85' 9-max Seat #2 is the button Seat 1: danie_CZ (1690 in chips) Seat 2: sjeeker (378 in chips) is sitting out Seat 3: pakoyi321 (8180 in chips) Seat 4: antai67 (18581 in chips) Seat 5: junshao666 (16701 in chips) Seat 6: adikumar2010 (9165 in chips) Seat 7: pavel1697 (13220 in chips) Seat 8: Funt1kk^ (10934 in chips) Seat 9: r_dkGyn (5256 in chips) danie_CZ: posts the ante 40 sjeeker: posts the ante 40 pakoyi321: posts the ante 40 antai67: posts the ante 40 junshao666: posts the ante 40 adikumar2010: posts the ante 40 pavel1697: posts the ante 40 Funt1kk^: posts the ante 40 r_dkGyn: posts the ante 40 pakoyi321: posts small blind 150 antai67: posts big blind 300 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] junshao666: folds adikumar2010: raises 330 to 630 pavel1697: raises 670 to 1300 Funt1kk^: folds r_dkGyn: folds danie_CZ: raises 350 to 1650 and is all-in sjeeker: folds pakoyi321: folds antai67: folds adikumar2010: pavel1697: Action Pending STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! This is a fold and here's why..... With 66 from UTG+1, even opening here is a bit light, so the overwhelming majority of the time, I'm folding to start with, especially looking at the opp's stack sizes, as two opps can easily be all-in due to being so short and I do not want to play a small pair in a multiway pot where the opps could be playing anything at me and end up against 4 or more overcards. After the raise to 630, I now get 3-bet to 1300 and an opp then 4-bet shoves to 1650. This shove creates a very big problem because it's not a legal raise. If it had been a legal raise (raise to 1970 or more), then I would have the possibility to re-raise to try and isolate the short-stack shove... but since it's not a legal raise, I'm not allowed to raise and all I can do is to call. I now need to see if I can call to setmine. One opp's already all in and neither me nor the other opp have 15X this bet in our stacks.. so calling is definitely not an option. If I can't raise and can't call.. then my option is to fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

JWK I can shove I had that option but the 3-bettor can't shove if I just call. I think I remember I had option to re-raise that's the reason I put this hand on the forum.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi adi!

Due to the non-legal raise... you lose the option to raise or shove (as does the 3-bettor). If you had not made an action in the hand yet, then you would have the option to raise... but not here.

Calling is totally out of the question, as the stack sizes are not deep enough to setmine.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

But I recall having option to 5-bet and not just call. Because the player to my left made legal 3-bet size, so I have option to 5-bet him. The 4-bet under raise shove will have impact on the 3-bettor (he can't 5-bet if someone also cold calls the 4-bet). But me being 2-bettor and getting a legit 3-bet, I had the option of 5-betting.

I am sure that's the reason I posted that hand here otherwise I am folding it any day.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

You raised by 330 (legal raise). pavel raised by 670 (legal raise). danie raises by 350 (non-legal raise, as a legal raise would need to be to at least 670 more than the previous bet).

The non-legal raise kills all action from players that had the opportunity to act previously. They can now just fold or call... they cannot raise.

John (JWK24)
            Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yes no one else can raise they can only cold-call 4-bet shove, but I can raise coz I got 3-bet.

I will get back to you, after cross-checking it.
              Bracelet Winner

Comment

adik,

You really like to argue............LOL
                John is right, you can ONLY call, you didn't have the possibility to raise

Comment

I thought I can raise, I could be wrong. I am just re-checking the hand history. If I can't raise then we can remove this hand from the forum.
                  Bracelet Winner

Comment

There you go :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Last edited by adikumar2010; Wed Jun 11, 2014, 08:17 PM.
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't know who any of those people are.. but it says to me that NONE of them understand what a legal raise is!

John (JWK24)
                      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

You got a problem with my face??
                        Your attitude leaves to be desired

Facebook...lol, they all play on Zinga poker...lol
                        I'll leave you to argue with John on every post you make
                        GL

Comment

It's fine John, no problem if you are saying you must be correct. And I might have not got that option of re-raising. I aplogize for wasting your time and arguing with you.
                          Bracelet Winner

Comment

No offense sandtrap. I was joking not seriously saying anything. I am sorry if you felt bad I was just throwing a counter-punch.
                            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hey guys,

Sorry to jump in, but adi can reshove.

The shorty shoving doesn't reopen the betting to the 3-bettor, but adi can shove because the action has already been reopened to him by the initial 3-bettor.

Pretend the 3-bettor isn't between them. Adi raises, the shorty shoves, then someone cold calls... adi could def reshove.

Edit: To put another way, adi has faced a full legal raise from the 3-bettor, allowing him to reraise, regardless o the shorty coming into the pot. Adi is reraising the 3-bettor. It's easy to get confused with this action sequence, but adi can definitely reshove here.
                              Head Live Trainer
                              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.