PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to deal with donk bet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with donk bet?

What should I do here It's 5mins turbo game with $1 bounty on each player. Full Tilt Poker Game #34305086813: MTOPS Event #71 (266269161), Table 77 - NL Hold'em - 100/200 Ante 20 - 21:23:52 IST - 2014/06/08 [11:53:52 ET - 2014/06/08] Seat 1: a2tuners (5,538) Seat 2: figgyan (12,745) Seat 3: ---ARenteriaP-- (8,302) Seat 4: Rhadamant (4,880) Seat 5: djg23 (3,100) Seat 6: NoName488 (5,400) Seat 7: Sandtrap777 (7,226) Seat 8: adikumar2010 (5,167) a2tuners antes 20 figgyan antes 20 ---ARenteriaP-- antes 20 Rhadamant antes 20 djg23 antes 20 NoName488 antes 20 Sandtrap777 antes 20 adikumar2010 antes 20 ---ARenteriaP-- posts the small blind of 100 Rhadamant posts the big blind of 200 The button is in seat #2 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] djg23 folds NoName488 folds Sandtrap777 folds adikumar2010 raises to 500 a2tuners folds figgyan calls 500 ---ARenteriaP-- calls 400 Rhadamant folds *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 1,860, 3 Players) ---ARenteriaP-- bets 200 adikumar2010 figgyan Action Pending STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

I'd treat it as a check. If you planned to cbet, do so, his 'bet' could mean anything but it's generally weak.

Comment

I was sitting to your right, so for now, all I will say is you played it bad....just my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
        I was sitting to your right, so for now, all I will say is you played it bad....just my 2 cents
        I will come to the result sandtrap. Hold on.
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adikumar2010 View Post
          I will come to the result sandtrap. Hold on.
          I know the result, I was there sitting on your right..........LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Sandtrap777 View Post
            I know the result, I was there sitting on your right..........LOL
            I know but I want to know what people have to say about proceeding from here. Don't say yet
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi adi,

I think either raising or calling are valid options here and each has their merits. If we do raise we should be prepared to get stacks in should we get reraised, but I believe that usually when this happens we will be behind their stack off range... only a slight fav over hands like TcTs, and a solid dog to sets. The one caveat is that we might get it in vs. the few dominated draws in their range.

I lean towards calling personally, as I think we will have opportunities to take this pot away from the donk bettor later in the hand even when we don't improve, and it may induce the player behind us with big chips to make a move, allowing is to back raise all in super profitably.

The only thing I don't really like is shoving all in directly. It's too big a raise for this situation imo... if we do raise I would make it like $1500 to go, which should we get called, sets up a turn shove of 3100 into 4800.
              Head Live Trainer
              Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I made a small raise, I don't know why. Maybe coz I didn't had too many chips. *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 1,860, 3 Players) ---ARenteriaP-- bets 200 adikumar2010 raises to 600 figgyan raises to 12,225, and is all in ---ARenteriaP-- folds adikumar2010 Now how to proceed Mr.Hitman? I hope I put his shove range correct :
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Call... this shouldn't even be a question.
                  Head Live Trainer
                  Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Here is your reply sandtrap777 !! In your face Mr.Supernova...lol *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 1,860, 3 Players) ---ARenteriaP-- bets 200 adikumar2010 raises to 600 figgyan raises to 12,225, and is all in ---ARenteriaP-- folds adikumar2010 calls 4,047, and is all in figgyan shows [ ] adikumar2010 shows [ ] Uncalled bet of 7,578 returned to figgyan *** TURN *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 11,354, 2 Players, 1 All-In) *** RIVER *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 11,354, 2 Players, 1 All-In) figgyan shows three of a kind, Eights adikumar2010 shows Ace King high figgyan wins the pot (11,354) with three of a kind, Eights *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 11,354 | Rake 0 Board: [ ] Seat 1: a2tuners folded before the Flop Seat 2: figgyan (button) showed [ ] and won (11,354) with three of a kind, Eights Seat 3: ---ARenteriaP-- (small blind) folded on the Flop Seat 4: Rhadamant (big blind) folded before the Flop Seat 5: djg23 folded before the Flop Seat 6: NoName488 folded before the Flop Seat 7: Sandtrap777 folded before the Flop Seat 8: adikumar2010 showed [ ] and lost with Ace King high
                    Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.