PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right price to see the flop?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right price to see the flop?

It's MTOPS Main Event $15 with multiple Day 1's ool:, 10k starting stack, 5 mins blind level My question is simple do I have right odds to see the flop with this depth of money and with suited not so bad cards I am talking like Fish who likes to see flop and never likes to fold to 3-bets But this situation is very different here as it's not heads-up so maybe I have right price to call. I am not sure I mean the price looks good but does this qualify worth taking a shot with in multi-way pot with 64BB. Full Tilt Poker Game #34290966444: MTOPS Main Event (Day 1c) (266270419), Table 49 - NL Hold'em - 50/100 Ante 10 - 03:04:42 IST - 2014/06/04 [17:34:42 ET - 2014/06/03] Seat 1: ilmeniux (12,474) Seat 2: miniraise (10,671) Seat 3: JLPejic (11,145) Seat 4: Nice hAnd ok (9,345) Seat 5: PitchOff (11,770) Seat 6: Igrim (9,540) Seat 7: adikumar2010 (6,342) Seat 8: TonnyRivers (10,335) Seat 9: timorm1 (6,475) ilmeniux antes 10 miniraise antes 10 JLPejic antes 10 Nice hAnd ok antes 10 PitchOff antes 10 Igrim antes 10 adikumar2010 antes 10 TonnyRivers antes 10 timorm1 antes 10 ilmeniux posts the small blind of 50 miniraise posts the big blind of 100 The button is in seat #9 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] JLPejic folds Nice hAnd ok raises to 200 PitchOff calls 200 Igrim folds adikumar2010 calls 200 TonnyRivers folds timorm1 raises to 800 ilmeniux folds miniraise folds Nice hAnd ok calls 600 PitchOff calls 600 adikumar2010 STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! In the future, please don't put a bunch of emoticons in your posts like this... it makes them much more difficult for us to decipher. With KJs, I get a min-raise and a call in front of me. I don't want to call here (calling OOP with a marginal hand like this is a big leak), I either need to 3-bet or fold and can do either based on my read of the opps at the table. If I 3-bet, I'll size the bet between 3X the previous bet (600) and a pot-sized raise (840). With multiple opps in the hand, I'll tend to go toward the higher end and raise to about 800. HOWEVER, especially with the opp that initially raised, I'm going to fold here. If I'm just up against the initial raise, I'm a 52-48% underdog. If the first caller stays too, my hand is now only worth 32.5%. When the button gets involved, my hand is now only worth 22.3%. As played, it would be a very, very marginal call at best and more likely a spew of 800 chips being in the hand, since I'd be OOP postflop to the 3-bettor with a hand that plays horribly against their range (giving them an 8% range of 88+,ATs+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+ since they like their hand vs 3 opps).. so the best decision that I can make in the hand.. is to muck to the raise and call at the beginning of the hand. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Sorry JWK, I will not use emoticons. I like them and find them crazy funny that's why I started using them. I guess they are here on forum for a reason to make people laugh and express emotions/feelings, but I will cut down on the number of emoticons I use, I know it's a lot. It might be funny for me but irritating for someone else.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
        so the best decision that I can make in the hand.. is to muck to the raise and call at the beginning of the hand.
        What do you mean by call at the beginning I thought we are in #Ihatelimping camp ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Anyways I made the marginal call coz of the 2 callers and we all were very deep. This was the result post-flop. *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [ ] JLPejic folds Nice hAnd ok raises to 200 PitchOff calls 200 Igrim folds adikumar2010 calls 200 TonnyRivers folds timorm1 raises to 800 ilmeniux folds miniraise folds Nice hAnd ok calls 600 PitchOff calls 600 adikumar2010 calls 600 *** FLOP *** [ ] (Total Pot: 3,440, 4 Players) Nice hAnd ok checks PitchOff checks adikumar2010 checks timorm1 bets 1,185 Nice hAnd ok calls 1,185 PitchOff folds adikumar2010 folds *** TURN *** [ ] [] (Total Pot: 5,810, 2 Players) Nice hAnd ok checks timorm1 bets 4,480, and is all in Nice hAnd ok folds Uncalled bet of 4,480 returned to timorm1 timorm1 mucks timorm1 wins the pot (5,810) *** SUMMARY *** Total pot 5,810 | Rake 0 Board: [ ] Seat 1: ilmeniux (small blind) folded before the Flop Seat 2: miniraise (big blind) folded before the Flop Seat 3: JLPejic folded before the Flop Seat 4: Nice hAnd ok folded on the Turn Seat 5: PitchOff folded on the Flop Seat 6: Igrim folded before the Flop Seat 7: adikumar2010 folded on the Flop Seat 8: TonnyRivers folded before the Flop Seat 9: timorm1 (button) collected (5,810), mucked
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

There was a min-raise to 200, then a call of this bet by another opp. (there was no limp by anyone, nor would I want to limp).

With this action in front of me.. I need to fold.

John (JWK24)
          Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks Sire, I got lured into the pot coz of the pot odds as I need to call 200 only into a pot of 640, with not so poor hand.
            Bracelet Winner

Comment

If I can get priced in when I can win a larger % of the time, I'd be much more likely to play the hand, but here I lose almost 4 in every 5 times that I'd play the hand.

John (JWK24)
              Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
              X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.