PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I have permission to shove sire?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have permission to shove sire?

It's Saturday Micro $3.30, 25k Gtd with 15mins blind level. I have 7BB and I want to shove into 7 players !! This says I can, but sometimes I find this chart bit loose : http://www.pushfoldcharts.com/fullring/#bb8 PokerStars Hand #116921995672: Tournament #910967365, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (100/200) - 2014/05/31 19:40:50 IST [2014/05/31 10:10:50 ET] Table '910967365 227' 9-max Seat #6 is the button Seat 1: adikumar2010 (1397 in chips) Seat 2: stix144 (5432 in chips) Seat 3: 051Rijeka (2428 in chips) Seat 4: kong triton (15501 in chips) Seat 5: KellyDaRaver (2339 in chips) Seat 6: DuduPoker-Br (8708 in chips) Seat 7: Deea2o15 (8273 in chips) Seat 8: gregim (16125 in chips) Seat 9: Bernard31 (595 in chips) is sitting out adikumar2010: posts the ante 20 stix144: posts the ante 20 051Rijeka: posts the ante 20 kong triton: posts the ante 20 KellyDaRaver: posts the ante 20 DuduPoker-Br: posts the ante 20 Deea2o15: posts the ante 20 gregim: posts the ante 20 Bernard31: posts the ante 20 Deea2o15: posts small blind 100 gregim: posts big blind 200 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to adikumar2010 [As 6s] Bernard31: folds adikumar2010: stix144: Action Pending 051Rijeka: Action Pending kong triton: Action Pending KellyDaRaver: Action Pending DuduPoker-Br: Action Pending Deea2o15: Action Pending gregim: Action Pending STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With A6s from UTG+1, I'm going to fold here and this is my reasoning for it..... If I look at my shove chart, yes, A6s from this position is on it, so I could play it, BUT, is this the best play? IMO, it's not. It's at the bottom of the range and I'm in early position with three very loose players behind that can easily call me. If they do, then I'm at best shape in a flip with an easily dominated hand. With 3 loose opps too, I could easily get into a multi-way pot here if I shove, which means that my hand equity is going down considerably (2-1 dog if it's the two loosest player.. much worse if it's one of the tighter players). With this being a 15 min level tourney, I have time to wait for either a better hand or a better position, where I'm potentially up against less opps. The longer the levels are, the more patient I can be and this is a spot where patience is a virtue. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks if it was turbo with 5 mins level, will you still fold?
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by adikumar2010 View Post
        Thanks if it was turbo with 5 mins level, will you still fold?
        That would make it a whole lot closer and I'd probably go with it. 10min+ levels, I'm definitely folding... because with the opps behind, I expect to get called.

John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Never folding any suited ace here.

We're basically as shallow as we can get while still having SOME fold equity, at this point there's no guarantee that we can still find a better spot, and when we do a double up means so much less.. We should take any decent chance we can get to pick up antes and maintain our fold equity.

Lets gamble

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.