PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can u feel his set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can u feel his set?

Tournament: VIP $5K Weekly Hi guys, hand evaluation requested... How can I play that in a different way? Will you all-in with top 2, in the early phase? Can you feel his set, ...OR my stack was just too shallow to FEEL...

Hi,

I would have bet slightly bigger on the flop and turn with the pot starting out as multiway, but other than that I think you played this hand more or less fine.

Admittedly on the turn I'd be pretty worried that my opponent had a set or less likely, 53, but he might also do this with a worse two pair, particularly A2 or A4. Even if he does have a set, we're not drawing dead.

Also we're in the early stages of a huge-field MTT where all the money is at the top, so I'm willing to take a risk early on to try and get an early double, particularly as we've already invested half our chips into this hand.

Therefore I'm not folding and I think getting all in is the best play, because we're pot committed if we just call.

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.