PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad is this fold?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is this fold?

I thought even if he has AK, why flip for 40BB more. This is the reason I folded. Also it is very slow structure 15mins blind level tournament. STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adikumar2010! With QQ and a small raise in front of me, I'm going to make a standard 3-bet, which is to between 3x the previous bet (1314) and a pot-sized raise if it's higher (1401). I don't want to bet small, as I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me with Ax or Kx. I now get 4-bet shoved on. The key here is the opp's 4-bet %, which is 20%. I now go to pokerstove to see how QQ fares against the opp's range and I get that I am a 70.6% favorite... so this is not a flip. Even if I lower their % to 10%, I'm still a 2-1 favorite holding QQ. This is too big of an edge to pass up, so I'm calling. If it was a very tight opp, it would take narrowing this to under a 3% range to make me an underdog in the hand, as even at 3%, I would be ahead in a flip... but this opp is very loose and aggressive, not tight and passive. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I doubt that villain would cold 4 bet 20% even if this was a reliable 4bet stat over a decent sample. That said the simpler question re how bad is this fold would be do they really ship here with AA & KK?

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.