PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

235fpp - Fold with AK?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 235fpp - Fold with AK?

Just starting to look at some ICM spots in more detail.

2 seats get an $11 ticket.

Apparently it's a super-losing call to call with AK here?

Poker Stars 235FPP No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds + t20 - 4 players - View hand 2486372
    DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): t905 M = 3.93
    BB: t385 M = 1.67
    CO: t280 M = 1.22
    BTN: t1430 M = 6.22

Pre Flop: (t230) Hero is SB with A K
    1 fold, BTN raises to t430

I should only call KK+?
    Last edited by birdayy; Sun May 04, 2014, 06:29 PM.

I posted a hand like this recently and it's meant to be a super tight calling range. http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...t-ATs-3-handed

Like TT plus or so.

Id probably end up shoving but I am pretty sure we are meant to fold.

Comment

Hi birdayy! Before I put this into ICMIZER, I was expecting a calling range of about QQ+... BUT.. I guess I was too loose with it. The one and only hand that I should get it in with here, per ICMIZER, is AA. Even KK is -0.57%EV here, AK is -8.28%EV. These satty spots are all about chip stacks, so as long as I have a top 2 stack, then I really only want to be playing pots against the smaller stacks. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

The key to this hand is the shortness of the other two stacks. You should be playing no hands against the only opponent who can knock you out of a qualifying spot.

You have no choice other than to allow him to bully the rest of the table until one of the shorter stacks gets lucky and gets a stack that can harm either you or the big stack.

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.