PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this too loose for a re-steal with 20BB?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this too loose for a re-steal with 20BB?

This is a slow structure deep stack game 15mins blind. Is this fine for re-steal or should I wait for better spots as I can see more hands before I get blinded-out as it is slow blind level tournament.

This move is opponent dependent, if he is stealing then it will work, if not then we can see the result.

But looking at his stats does this fit into the re-steal category in a slow game ?

* His stats are insane but its just for 5 hands, so we can say he is unknown here.

Full Tilt Poker Game #34197834536: MiniFTOPS Event #17 (Day 1h) (266453730), Table 38 - NL Hold'em - 250/500 Ante 50 - 18:45:59 IST - 2014/05/04 [09:15:59 ET - 2014/05/04]
    Seat 1: PelyaMX (14,032)
    Seat 2: wichtelmaennle (14,655)
    Seat 3: ModzillaPL (11,476)
    Seat 5: adikumar2010 (10,115)
    Seat 6: Judasmyguide (23,288)
    Seat 7: capdetelemea (23,690)
    Seat 8: RunePL (4,900)
    Seat 9: SSSMforlife (15,770)
    PelyaMX antes 50
    wichtelmaennle antes 50
    ModzillaPL antes 50
    adikumar2010 antes 50
    Judasmyguide antes 50
    capdetelemea antes 50
    RunePL antes 50
    SSSMforlife antes 50
    adikumar2010 posts the small blind of 250
    Judasmyguide posts the big blind of 500
    The button is in seat #3
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to adikumar2010 [Ah 8s]
    capdetelemea folds
    RunePL folds
    SSSMforlife folds
    PelyaMX has 15 seconds left to act
    PelyaMX has timed out
    PelyaMX folds
    PelyaMX is sitting out
    PelyaMX has returned
    wichtelmaennle raises to 1,000
    ModzillaPL folds
    adikumar2010 has 15 seconds left to act
    adikumar2010 raises to 10,065, and is all in
    Judasmyguide has 15 seconds left to act
    Judasmyguide folds
    wichtelmaennle calls 9,065
    adikumar2010 shows [Ah 8s]
    wichtelmaennle shows [Tc Td]
    *** FLOP *** [4s 5d Kc] (Total Pot: 21,030, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** TURN *** [4s 5d Kc] [7c] (Total Pot: 21,030, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    *** RIVER *** [4s 5d Kc 7c] [Jc] (Total Pot: 21,030, 2 Players, 1 All-In)
    adikumar2010 shows Ace King high
    wichtelmaennle shows a pair of Tens
    wichtelmaennle wins the pot (21,030) with a pair of Tens
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 21,030 | Rake 0
    Board: [4s 5d Kc 7c Jc]
    Seat 1: PelyaMX folded before the Flop
    Seat 2: wichtelmaennle showed [Tc Td] and won (21,030) with a pair of Tens
    Seat 3: ModzillaPL (button) folded before the Flop
    Seat 5: adikumar2010 (small blind) showed [Ah 8s] and lost with Ace King high
    Seat 6: Judasmyguide (big blind) folded before the Flop
    Seat 7: capdetelemea folded before the Flop
    Seat 8: RunePL folded before the Flop
    Seat 9: SSSMforlife folded before the Flop

STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

Very marginal but its ok imo.

Comment

Not the best hand to do it with but I'm sure enough that its a profitable reshove that I wont bother doing the math.

Comment

Hi adi,

I would actually pass this spot, personally. It's a bit too thin for my tastes on a 20bb stack, in a slow structure. It may be profitable slightly (I'm not sure tbh) but I am fairly sure we can do better with a small bit of patience.

One thing I note from your post:

But looking at his stats does this fit into the re-steal category in a slow game ?

* His stats are insane but its just for 5 hands, so we can say he is unknown here.
        You note that it's an opponent dependent move, and reference we should look at his stats. You end with the statement he's unknown, but your reference for us to look at the stats, and use of the word "insane" in relation to his stats, indicate you are not mentally treating him as an unknown.

His stats, for 5 hands, are actually the exact opposite of insane, they are quite sane really. I assume you did the screen shot like you did on purpose, with the autonotes visible, as the sanity is right there. Yes he's played 60/40, but the 2 raises were KK and TT according to the notes. And the one call, was him defending his blind vs. a single raise with 98s. Nothing insane going on so far.

If he were insane, the move has more merit imo, but the data so far just doesn't support that. Maybe he will turn out to be insane, maybe he'll turn out to be a solid player, we just don't know yet.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.