PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bigger 5$ ak in river that completes flush

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger 5$ ak in river that completes flush

what do you think i should do on river? i have no info about villian, am i missing value?

Hi scarface763! With AK, I'm going to make a standard raise preflop to 90 (3BB+1BB for each limper). When I hit TPTK on a 4-way flop, I'm going to make a c-bet and the key is the sizing of it. With 3 opps in the hand, I need to bet 3/4 pot (281). I don't want to bet less than this or I can be giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. The same thing on the turn, but now with only one opp, I need to make a 1/2 pot bet (398). The river is just about as bad as it can be, as this card fills out the overwhelming majority of anything that the opp could be drawing to. Due to this, I'm checking and will plan to call a small bet, but not a large one. Also, any bet that is made on the river is going to pot-commit the opp (whether they know it or not) and I really don't want to be playing for their stack holding only one pair on a draw-heavy board. I think that you did cost yourself some value, but it was on the flop/turn as a larger flop bet leads to a larger turn bet. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.