PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1,50 STT, NLHE, ATo vs Push 5BB from a Tight from UTG?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,50 STT, NLHE, ATo vs Push 5BB from a Tight from UTG?

No Limit Holdem Tournament PokerStars 8 Players Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight $1.32+$0.18 Stacks: UTG Vovchikq (695) 5bb UTG+1 xm0use (1,555) 10bb MP1 Nazar321 (960) 6bb MP2 Stealthje (2,324) 15bb CO Zedsteau (1,076) 7bb BTN Txxx-NICO (2,400) 16bb SB Angelovakemp (1,240) 8bb BB HERO (3,250) 22bb Blinds: 75/150 Pre-Flop: (225, 8 players) HERO ??? is BB Vovchikq goes all-in 695, 6 folds, HERO ??? I put the villain in a standard range of: 55+, A2s+, A5o+, K9s+, KJo+, QTs+, JTs+ I used the ICMIZER and it shows a good call. I was wondering if the opponent is very tight I could fold here. Are there players who does a push here only with 77+, AT+, QKs? Sorry by the english. How can I write better what I mean.

As you saw in ICMIZER, it's a must call even vs a tight guy.

In terms of ranges to call off, A8o+, A5s+, KJs+, KQo+ and 22+ are correct ICM wise.

Of course tighter opponents lend themselves to tighter calls, but ATo is still well within a call range.

Comment

Hi ahcrata! Due to the opp being UTG, when I go to ICMIZER, I get a shove range for them of 8% (66+, ATs+, AJo+). If they are actually playing this range, then I get a call range of 6.3% (77+, AJs+, AQo+)... so it's a marginal fold as it's a -.54%EV play to call. If the opp would be playing a wider range, no read on the opp given, then this could possibly swing this to a marginal call. Either way, it's a marginal play and I'm going to pass and look for a better spot. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
      Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I think you can call here
        Because he only got 5 BB left and will be so crippled in the next hand or two
        For me, with this stack size, 5BB and will be eaten up another 1.5 BB, i will go with any ace, pairs, KTos+, maybe any suit connectors

And you are in the big blind, that makes it even cheaper
        Easy call for me imo

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.