PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was I getting good odds all the way to make the call till the river?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I getting good odds all the way to make the call till the river?

Which point in the hand should I have folded it?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...140_450D96698E

Plz tell me if I was getting right price to keep calling all streets and if not then what would have been the correct play.

In the stats pic/boom hand villian is: jacky767/Player 2

STATS :
    Bracelet Winner

You're getting about 3-1 on the flop and about 3-1 on the turn. I would have played the hand the same. That's just me knowing I really need 4-1 but... with the nut Ace as an over card I find myself justifying it and maybe wrong.

There are some implied odds if we hit a 4th spade but will we get paid? Unlikely as it's so obvious. I don't know what to do with the stats, for me it would be read-less calls and fold river. Which sounds so bad.

And if the turn/river pairs the board we are losing to TT/99 when we hit our flush... oops.
    Last edited by ForrestFive; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 05:23 AM. Reason: boat beats our flush

Comment

I think you played this fine. On the flop you might easily get another caller which will gives you even better pot odds than you first anticipated.

There's also a chance that villain might be choosing to protect a hand JT so there's every possibility that your A and Q are clean outs that we might be able to get to showdown if villain gives up on the river.

Being in position helps us a lot as it's easier to extract value when we do hit our flush so calling on the turn also looks OK to me. If villain had bet significantly bigger, like 3/4 pot or more, then I'd fold.

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.