PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1:4.15 to make the river call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:4.15 to make the river call

What should I do here, it looks like he has a boat. Am I priced in to make these kind of calls, its around 1:4.15 to make the river call in general with trips to such a board texture ?

I think your answer will be 90% make the call, but I wonder when do we make those good laydowns when we know we are beat only on the HIGH STAKES POKER TV Show.

Blinds 50/100: MTT
    My cards: As 7h

Preflop
    lucky_bastered (UTG) raised 100
    vinsalian (MP) called 100
    eagle9898 (CO) folded
    Manb21 (D) folded
    kkiirrnn (SB) called 75
    adikumar2010 (BB) called 50

Flop cards Ac 6h Qc
    kkiirrnn checked
    adikumar2010 checked
    lucky_bastered checked
    vinsalian checked

Turn card Ad
    kkiirrnn checked
    adikumar2010 raised 220
    lucky_bastered folded
    vinsalian folded
    kkiirrnn called 220

River card 4d
    kkiirrnn checked
    adikumar2010 raised 710
    kkiirrnn min raised 1420
    [Pot Size: 2940]
    adikumar2010: ??? (710 to call)
    Last edited by adikumar2010; Wed Apr 23, 2014, 08:47 PM.
    Bracelet Winner

Please repost the actual hand history. This will not be answered without accurate cards, stack information, etc.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

My Starting stack: 3230
      kkiirrnn Stack : 2500

So after he raised me on river, he had around 740 more left roughly.
      Bracelet Winner

Comment

I don't think we are good here nearly often enough to make calling correct. We are basically bluff catching, in a spot where villain has no bluffing range.

We have to be right 20% to break even, but I would think he'll show up with some weird bluff 5-10% of the time max. I don't think it's a high stakes poker fold, on HSP they will bluff with a higher frequency, turn hands like QT into a bluff at times, etc, so there it's probably a call. Here it's not too difficult to bet/fold this river imo.
        Head Live Trainer
        Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.