PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help on the decision on river

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on the decision on river

Mr.Hitman can you plz take a look for me in this hand.

I can't put him on anything, I want to know what should I have done on river.

And also plz advice me on how to play this hand properly starting from preflop. because I know from starting I took a stupid line.

PokerStars Hand #115031261671: Tournament #897680688, Freeroll Hold'em No Limit - Level IV (50/100) - 2014/04/20 5:04:20 IST [2014/04/19 19:34:20 ET]
    Table '897680688 10' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 1: Bang0900 (1125 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 2: trixX_56R (1745 in chips)
    Seat 3: jokr02 (1080 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 4: djilhjuha (10813 in chips)
    Seat 5: BigLeDbury (3225 in chips)
    Seat 6: Mal Reynold$ (2320 in chips)
    Seat 7: Gi Bi D (1125 in chips) is sitting out
    Seat 8: DonkeyJez (1265 in chips)
    Seat 9: adikumar2010 (6052 in chips)
    jokr02: posts small blind 50
    djilhjuha: posts big blind 100
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to adikumar2010 [Qh Tc]
    BigLeDbury: folds
    Mal Reynold$: folds
    Gi Bi D: folds
    DonkeyJez: folds
    adikumar2010: raises 100 to 200
    Bang0900 (Sitting Out): folds
    trixX_56R: folds
    jokr02 (Sitting Out): folds
    djilhjuha (BB): calls 100
    *** FLOP *** [2d 7d 5d]
    djilhjuha: checks
    adikumar2010: bets 200
    djilhjuha: calls 200
    *** TURN *** [2d 7d 5d] [6c]
    adikumar2010: bets 400
    djilhjuha: calls 400
    *** RIVER *** [2d 7d 5d 6c] [8h]
    adikumar2010: ??

Here are the stats on him:
    Bracelet Winner

Hi adi,

Just give up imo. Give up on the turn tbh. You're trying to bluff the guy here, but once he calls the flop he's probably got something. That's a problem for you in 2 ways:

1) 51/9 guys are defending with such a wide range preflop that they do have combos that hit this board.

2) 51/9 guys are bad bluff targets because they don't like to fold much when they have something generally.

So we have a guy who may be fishy/stubborn enough to call you down with just ace high after chasing a nut flush draw, and a board run out that improves a bunch of his flop calling range to 2 pair or a straight. Give up, and do it earlier in the hand imo!

It's ok to give up in spots like this. We are generally going to make our chips from 51/9 guys by value betting them 3 streets, not 3-barrel bluffing them off pots.
    Head Live Trainer
    Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

I agree, he is playing calling station which suggests he has something weak and is trying to see the river with a weak pair and isn't interested in what you could have and only cares what he has. Unfortunately, you can't push someone like this off their hand without either a) going at them for so much they have to fold or b) having a hand that can just pip them at showdown.

I would recommend just giving up at this point too, he is calling pretty much any fair bet and the only way you can win this hand is to fire right at him but with it being a freeroll, with his stats the way they are, I think he would call even an all-in in that spot, just on a weak pair.

Comment

BTW I did this:

http://www.boomplayer.com/poker-hand...643_DAA9A6E658
        Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
        X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.