PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Hot $.55NL, A10 with top pair on the flop.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hot $.55NL, A10 with top pair on the flop.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 0.55 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed)

MP1 (t2,645)
    Hero (MP2) (t7,445)
    MP3 (t2,390)
    CO (t7,200)
    Button (t3,605)
    SB (t5,030)
    BB (t9,075)
    UTG (t2,645)
    UTG+1 (t2,175)

Hero's M: 18.38

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, 10
    UTG calls t150, UTG+1 calls t150, 1 fold, Hero raises to t600, 4 folds, BB calls t450, UTG calls t450, UTG+1 calls t450

Flop: (t2,655) 7, 10, 5 (4 players)
    BB checks, UTG bets t2,025 (All-In), UTG+1 calls t1,555 (All-In),

Pot is giving me good odds.

Should I go all in or fold?

There is not much history with any of the players. All I know is what you can tell from preflop action.
    Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Wed Apr 09, 2014, 12:56 AM.
    Bracelet Winner

Hey,
    Why are you 3-betting ATo in this spot? I can see it, when youre doing it as a bluff, but at other way, i cant see people folding that much in 0.55$ hot to a 3-bet, so i defenetly wouldnt be 3-betting in this spot. I actually think this is fold preflop - just you will end up bad spots so often. What i mean, you flop Axx, your pair of Aces wont be good most of the time since i dont think these player going to fold AQ/AJ to a 3-bet. So you basically cant win big pots with ATo in here, kinda always losing when pot get big and winning when you hit a straight, but that isnt enghou to make it preflop call here.
    As played, at flop its going to be a fold.

Cheers,
    bungakat

Comment

Originally posted by bungakat View Post
      Hey, Why are you 3-betting ATo in this spot? I can see it, when youre doing it as a bluff, but at other way, i cant see people folding that much in 0.55$ hot to a 3-bet, so i defenetly wouldnt be 3-betting in this spot. I actually think this is fold preflop - just you will end up bad spots so often. What i mean, you flop Axx, your pair of Aces wont be good most of the time since i dont think these player going to fold AQ/AJ to a 3-bet. So you basically cant win big pots with ATo in here, kinda always losing when pot get big and winning when you hit a straight, but that isnt enghou to make it preflop call here. As played, at flop its going to be a fold. Cheers, bungakat
      It is not a 3bet, there are two limpers before him thus i think we can iso raise and take advantage of their low stacks and higher fold equity. Also if this is hot .55 and we assume loose villains then we actually can iso AT for value umbup: As played, top top i think you have to call here. Although it is kinda dry board. How are villains playing like, if nit is donk jamming flop there i would rather fold.
      Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Wed Apr 09, 2014, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Oh sorry, read it wrong lol, but i still think its a fold @ flop

Comment

Villains had been playing pretty loose. I did consider that one of the villains could possibly have a set or 2 pair, but I'm thinking UTG is quite capable of making this play when making any pair on the flop (especially if he is putting me on top broadways), UTG+ could very easily be calling with a draw or even top pair.... Math was right so I pushed all in to get rid of villain in the blinds.
          Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Sle4zy_E View Post
            All I know is what you can tell from preflop action.
            And what does the preflop action tell you?
            Head Live Trainer
            Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Hi Sle4zy_E

I like your iso raise. Punish the weak. It's good. In this particular scenario where both of the villains are relatively short stacked I'd like to make it 1000 to go and the reason for this is because it will induce the limpers to either fold ( in which case we pick up 700 chips ) or shove (we are likely to be ahead) and what will often happen will be that player 8 will fold and player 9 will get it in with you which is fine with us especially with all the dead money in the pot.

As played - I'd have shipped the flop too. Both players 8 and 9 have less than a pot sized bet, due to this the first guy to get it in can have absolutely anything from air to a set but his range is heavily weighted towards air and as for player 9, his range is weighted towards 10x hands/7x hands and draws.

Nice hand, Chris.
              Last edited by ChewMe1; Wed Apr 09, 2014, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Lang, in a word...

Weakness!

Chew, I agree a bigger preflop raise would have been much better.
                Last edited by Sle4zy_E; Thu Apr 10, 2014, 12:38 AM.
                Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
                X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.