PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$0,50 STT, NLHE, Open with AJo?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0,50 STT, NLHE, Open with AJo?

80/160 No Limit Holdem FullTiltPoker 6 Players Hand Conversion Powered by **deleted link per TOS JWK24** $0.50 Sit & Go (Turbo) Stacks: UTG Thebest793 (2,760) 17bb UTG+1 HERO (2,050) 13bb CO snooplion1 (2,055) 13bb BTN EmileJack24 (2,305) 14bb SB tupi-tupi (1,750) 11bb BB ua alex ua (2,580) 16bb Blinds: 80/160 Pre-Flop: (240, 6 players) HERO is UTG+1 1 fold, HERO raises to 400, 1 fold, EmileJack24 calls 400, 2 folds Flop: (1,040, 2 players) HERO ??? I don't know if I must open with AJo in this spot. My push on the flop was because I thought I was ahead. What do you think about this handw

HERO goes all-in 1,650, EmileJack24 folds Final Pot: 1,040 HERO wins 2,690 (net +640) EmileJack24 lost 400 [/spoiler]
    Last edited by ahcrata; Mon Apr 07, 2014, 08:33 PM.

Hi ahcrata! With AJ and 13bb, I need to open-shove here. I went to an ICM calculator and put this scenario in and I should be shoving about 13% of hands (down thru ATo). I'm within this range, so instead of putting myself into a sticky situation postflop where I may have to fold off 25% of my stack, I'm much better off getting it in first preflop. With no info provided about the opp and their tendencies for playing hands, it's very hard to tell if AJ would be ahead here. The opp's calling this bet for a large portion of their stack, so they should only be doing this with better hands. If they have something marginal, they should shove preflop instead of calling. As played, I'm check/folding the flop without a specific read on the opp that they will fold to c-bets. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.