PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

$0.55 NL Hold'em $750 Gtd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $0.55 NL Hold'em $750 Gtd

Should I have check folded this on the flop being first to act and all the action that would have followed considering how much money was all ready in the middle?

I belive a 3 bet shove preflop would almost certainly have had the same result due to how many chips the big stack had with maybe the JJ folding preflop.

Last edited by jysteruk; Sat Apr 05, 2014, 02:48 PM.

Hi jysteruk! With KK and 14BB, I get a limper in front of me. Since any standard raise (2.5BB+1BB for each limper) pot-commits me, I have one play here and that is to shove preflop. By not shoving, the bet of 7200 accomplishes two things. First, it's a tell for a monster or that I don't understand MTT odds, as when I'm pot-committed (1/3 of my chips go into the pot), I need to shove. Secondly, now the opps after the first call have the correct odds to try to outdraw me. When I give the opps a +EV play (one where they expect to gain chips from me), I deserve to and will lose chips on average, each and every time, regardless of what my hand is. The key here is to shove preflop and if I had chips left on the flop (which I would not), they're going into the middle on the flop. I should not be making a pot-committing bet and then fold. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24) P.S. Against these three hands, KK is only a coin-flip here. I'm going to lose 45% of the time.
    Last edited by JWK24; Sat Apr 05, 2014, 06:03 PM.
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.