PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NLHE / KQo / fold on the turn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NLHE / KQo / fold on the turn

Note: kind of tight player, LAPL 0.11c
    Double Bracelet Winner

Hi shynleigh355! With KQ in the BB, I get a standard raise and then two callers in front of me. Since I'm out of position and it's early, I'm going to opt to fold here the overwhelming majority of the time. In the hands that I do play, I'm going to 3-bet to 200 (between 3X the previous bet and a pot-sized raise). I don't want to call here preflop, as even if I hit a K or Q, I have no clue whether I'm ahead or not, so I don't know whether to bet or check/fold. When I flop two pair, I absolutely have to lead the flop. A standard value bet against 3 opps is 3/4 pot, so I will bet (188). I cannot check nor bet less than this or I'm giving the opps the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I give them the right odds and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand. As played, when the button bets, since this bet is lower than 188 (what I need to bet to price out their draws), I absolutely need to raise. A standard raise is to 3X their bet, so I need to raise to 420. The turn brings an A and here is why I cannot play the hand passively.... I now have no clue whether I'm ahead (should shove) or behind (should fold). Since this opp did not raise preflop and made a bet like they had a draw on the flop (too small), I'm shoving here. The only combination that I should be behind here is JT and if they have it, then I'll pay them off. However, I wouldn't be in this situation if I had raised pre and led the flop. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.