PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

235FPP Storm Sat ATs 3 handed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 235FPP Storm Sat ATs 3 handed

Not much of a tournament or SnG player any more but I do play these games with my FPP's. I'm unsure if this is a fist pump call because of the stack sizes. He can bust me with a shorter stack behind me. I was pretty sure he was full of it, and that I was ahead, but in these things anything can happen. OTOH, I am not safe either, the blinds jump quickly and I will be very short in no time. I have the chance to finish it (Pretty much) or bust. Probably more of a situation analysis rather than a hand analysis but just wondering if this was good or horrible?

how many get seats? Please advise, as this is info I'll need for doing an ICM calc on it.

John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Originally posted by JWK24 View Post
      how many get seats? Please advise, as this is info I'll need for doing an ICM calc on it.

John (JWK24)
      Hi john,

2 seats, which is why I was very unsure. This is the seat or busto.

Comment

Hi bhoylegend! This one surprised me when I put it in. The SB here should push ATC (that part didn't surprise me much). What did is the call range. ICM says that I should only call with TT+, not a single unpaired hand. I was expecting to see a range somewhat near 88+ AJ+, but not so. It lists ATs here as a -4.19% EV play to call. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
        Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Yikes, Knew I was meant to be calling tight but didn't realise that it was that tight. I still feel ok about the call as the guy shoved on me any time it got to him unopened (As he should) so I knew with ATs I was way ahead of his range unless it became a cooler situation. FWIW, he shoved with Q5o, so the read (As much a read as you can get or need in these) that he was just blindly shoving was correct. I got the ticket, I'm sure that guy isnt happy as it was at his expense and I didnt do the dutiful big stack job of getting out of the way of his shove. Thanks Johnumbup:

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.