PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The hot $0.55

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The hot $0.55

Early days in this tournament so no real read on the villain.

Hi xTrey815! With JJ, when it folds to me, I need to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (240). I do not want to open-limp if it folds to me. If someone limps in front of me, I can limp hands behind, but not open-limp. I then get a call and a raise from the BB to 320. Due to my stack size, calling here is not an option. If I want to call to setmine, I need to have 15X the bet in both my stack and the opp's stack and I don't have that much. Due to this, I need to shove or fold. If the opp is loose, I'll shove. If the opp is tight, then I'll fold. If I saw the flop with chips left (which I would not), when the opp bets the flop with an overcard, I need to fold. It's 34.4% pot equity vs only 4% hand equity for my two outs. The keys here are to raise initially, then shove or fold to the BB's raise. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Thanks as always John, really no clue why i limped in with Js, and my post flop play was atrocious which i realised on the turn and saved what chips i did have left!

Comment

Working...
      X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.