PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD

was this just a sick set up or would anyone have played it differently

Hi donkkilla76! The result will be the same, but the key with this hands are the bet sizes, as they need to be consistent (if I were the opp, it's easy to tell that you had 2 pair or a set). Here's how I'd have played it. With 44 and 2 limps in front of me, since the stacks are just barely deep enough to setmine, I'm going to call and hope to hit a 4. If any of the previous limpers or I would have had less than 30k chips, I'd need to immediately shove or fold. I flop bottom set and when it gets to me with a min bet in front, I'm going to raise and make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot, so I will raise by 3/4 pot (11600)... HOWEVER, this is 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that if I make this bet, I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I have one and only one play available on the flop... to SHOVE. I want to keep all of my bets and raises consistent, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Abnormal bet sizes, especially if based on the player's card strength, basically turns the cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I need to avoid. The only time that I want to change from a standard bet sizing is when I'm pot-committed and then I'll shove. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.