PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MM Main Event - 22 in the CO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MM Main Event - 22 in the CO

MicroMillions - Main Event BTN(37):14/16/0.0 13bb SB (35):23/16/2.0 4bb BB (37):35/20/0.0 5bb What's our shoving range here...? 22+ A2s+ A7o+ A5o K7s+ KTo+ Q8s+ QTo+ J8s+ JTo T8s+ 98s 87s? Something like that? Or are the blinds too short to shove this wide? We are in the money at this stage of the tournament.
    Last edited by dirt eh; Mon Mar 24, 2014, 04:04 AM.

Hi dirt eh! If everyone was larger stacked and I wanted to shove (not my preferred play), I'd be looking at shoving about a 26% range when it folds to me in the cutoff with 22 (all pairs, suited aces and many others down thru 78s). However, the key here is the stack size of both blinds. Both blinds are extremely short and should be playing just about ATC. I'm not going to open-shove here, as I don't want to get value-owned by the button, so what I will do is to make a standard raise to 2.2BB+1BB for each limper and be ready to call a shove from either or both of the blinds. This allows me to get off the hand if the button comes over the top, as I do not want to be in a 4-way pot with 22, as the blinds should actually call blind due to the pot odds. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.