PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i play this wrong

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did i play this wrong

MicroMillions-094: $5.50 NL Hold'em [1R1A], $75K Gtd as title says or was the caller just a bad player
    Last edited by donkkilla76; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 06:02 PM. Reason: add more info

Hi donkkilla76! With 99 in the BB, I get a raise to 1500 by the SB. With this being BvB, I'm ahead of the raiser's range, so I'm going to 3-bet. A standard 3-bet is to 3X the previous bet, but this bet will basically pot-commit me (put 1/3 of my remaining chips into the pot), so I need to and will shove. Now, the decision is up to the SB and with a broadway ace, if I'm in the opp's shoes, unless the BB is playing extremely tight (a very, very low % of hands), I'm absolutely calling the shove, as I have the equity in my AT to call. This is a standard play by both players in the hand and is a coin-flip that can go either way. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

now to me it was a very weak call i can see what your saying but tbh what are you hoping for with a10 if im holding a ace your relying on the 10 and again if im holding a pp your hoping its small as it only leaves your ace in play for you to win i myself couldnt risk my tourney life on such a weak call when to fold wasnt really costing him that much (and yes im a tight player)
      Last edited by donkkilla76; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Your question cannot be answered properly without knowing your reads and your plan for this hand. Please tell us why you made the decision so you can receive proper feedback in return.

Comment

from watching him play it was obvious he was just trying to steal so being as i hadnt played many hands i thought pushing all in which meant he would have to risk half his stack would put him off and he would fold and if not at least i had half a chance

Comment

Working...
          X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.