PokerStars homepage
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.50 STG NLHE JJ raise utg+1 on caller 2 overcards on flop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.50 STG NLHE JJ raise utg+1 on caller 2 overcards on flop

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...034_F31752D689

I opened from utg+1 1 caller from blinds the villain actively involved 13 hands in he was playing 6-7 of them AKX flop i continued he called then checked he bet half pot on river i fold i folded bad flop i could not call their what your comment on the hand or what will u do differently?
    Last edited by casablancaa1; Sun Mar 23, 2014, 01:55 AM. Reason: wrong url

Hi casablancaa1! With JJ, I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 150. I get a caller out of the blinds and see a flop with two overs. When the opp checks to me, this is one of the boards that I'm not going to c-bet on. With it being early in the tourney, there are a number of opp types that will play any A or broadway, so the opp could easily be ahead of me. If there had only been one overcard, I would make a standard 1/2 pot c-bet, but with two overs, I'm going to opt to check behind and re-evaluate on the turn. My plan for the turn is that if it's a non-threatening card and the opp checks, I'll make a standard 1/2 pot bet on the turn. If the opp makes any sizable bet, I'll need to fold. If the opp calls my a turn bet, I'm going to hope to check behind on the river and go to showdown. As played, if I had to put the opp on a hand, it would be Kx and due to this, I need to fold to the river bet. Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.umbup: John (JWK24)
    Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Comment

Working...
    X

X Cookies Information

We have placed cookies on your computer to improve your experience on our website. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Otherwise, we'll assume you're OK to continue.